Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mid-West Trip July 2007



Another trip to the mid-west included a few nights for #1 and #2 away from #4, Kate's baptism, The Police concert in Chicago and Peter and Kerry's wedding in Milwaukee. It was a lot to fit into 9 days, but we did it with the help of Grandma Bylsma, not to mention Kate's Aunts and Uncles and Lauda and Carlos. Thanks to all of you for everything!

Kate's baptism was a special event on the 4th of July in Uncle Dan and Aunt MaryBeth's backyard. Mr Rhem came over and said a few special words, and was pleased to point out that we were one of a few generations where he was able to perform my baptism, my confirmation, my wedding, and now my daughter's baptism. It was special for us all. In addition, my birth started a tradition of a rose on display at the baptismal fount for all the newborn babies at Christ Community Church (a tradition continued to this day). Grandma B brought a beautiful pink rose for Kate's baptism. Kate wore the gown that my four brothers and I wore for our baptisms, as did most of the Bylsma Grandchildren. And lastly, Kate was baptised on the anniversary of her cousin, Bryan's, baptism 8 years prior (also performed by Mr Rhem). A special day indeed!

No comments: