Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tonight #2 had band practice and I had an evening alone with Kate. Normally when this happens I am just sorta beat from the day and the evening is just an extension of a long day alone with her. But tonight was different. As the day turned to evening and we had a delicious dinner together, she got older. During the day today she was a baby who cried and clung to my legs, but tonight she was a big girl who stirred a spoon in a bowl and fed it to me and to her. We made slurping sounds together. We were silly. In the bathtub she actually took the balls and put them through the basketball hoop (a toy she's had since early Dec but hadn't figured out yet). We were listening to music and dancing when I laid her down to put on her PJ's. She said, "what's that?" and I said, "dance" and she said, "Dance! Dance dance dance dance!"

A fantastic new word to end the day.

No comments: