Sunday, October 11, 2009

Anna Banana

I may have failed to mention - or maybe I failed to notice - that as of yesterday, Anna became a big girl. Yesterday was a typical day for her, aside from the freezing weather at the pumpkin patch. She ate and slept and smiled and that was about it. Then, last night I put her in her pj's and laid her on the floor, on her belly, in her room on a play mat. (She was in the exact spot where Kate was when Kate first rolled over.) In an instant she rolled over on to her back. I couldn't believe it! So, thinking maybe it was a fluke, I put her back on her belly. I walked out of the room, came back and she was on her back again! So, after a few more times I believed it was true. Especially when this morning, I brought her downstairs and laid her on her play mat. Immediately she rolled onto her left side, then over to her right side, then back again. I suspect by the end of the day she will have rolled from her back to her front. You may wonder why I was surprised that my nearly 3 month old baby rolled over. Kate was a good baby, but never as content as Anna is. Anna requires no bouncing, jiggling or special procedures for going to sleep. She will sit quietly and wait for me to come and get her out of her crib in the morning. She waits patiently while I put Kate to bed, often falling asleep where she lays while waiting. And so, I figured such a content little thing would take her time on her boot-scooting. And so we will wait to see if she is on the move as early as Kate was. I'm praying for a quietly content roller for a long time. No one needs her to start crawling any time soon. She does realize this, right?

No comments: