Sunday, January 18, 2009

A New Year, A New Look

Obviously I'm trying a little something new with the blog, and when God grants me more time in the day and fewer things to take care of in life I will try even more fun things. I thought maybe pink would be fun for a while... at least until I find out the sex of this new trouble-maker on the way.

There are no pictures from this week, but only a brief update. Brad went out of town to play with rockband .22 so I went to town on the house. This weekend I managed to tear apart a couple of closets, make large piles to donate to Goodwill, carry heavy furniture around (this is a specialty of mine when I'm pregnant), decide on big-girl bedding, and make decisions about who will go where when the baby gets here. Pretty soon Kate will have to make the move to a big girl bed, and I want to be strategic about placement and furniture decisions so that when the transition happens it is a done deal and Kate won't have to endure much change. She's definitely ready for a bed. Twice a week she's been going to McPhee's and nap time happens in a bed. Apparently Kate gave her grief on the first day, and since then it has been a smooth process. I'm very thankful to McPhee that she broke Kate in for me. As a matter of fact, McPhee does a lot of heavy lifting for me - all of which I'm grateful for.

The house is still in disarray and likely will be when UB walks in the door late tonight. But hey - Rome wasn't built in a day. Not to mention the couple of naps I had to fit in this weekend along with everything else. Oh, and then there was Kate, who when I'm busy with something loves to tug and pull for my attention. Go figure.

No comments: