Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sha Shwoosh Sha Shwoosh Sha Shwoosh

I had the pleasure of hearing the baby's heartbeat today. This is always a good thing. I also scheduled the ultrasound (late February) to catch a glimpse of this tiny person. Kate looks at my belly and says, "Hi baby!" and gives it a kiss. I hope she has the same enthusiasm in July.
Yesterday I had a great deal of emotion regarding the swearing in of our new president. It occurs to me that change is upon us, that yesterday made incredible history in this country, and that my babies will know Obama as their first president. Regardless of how you feel about him, it all strikes me as a very important part of their lives and it gives me even more hope for their happy futures.
That said, my future involves a long winter's nap...

No comments: