Monday, March 9, 2009

Big Girl This... Big Girl That...

Since our unproductive big girl bedroom furniture shopping (see previous post) I committed myself to finding a delightfully cute, hodge podge big girl room on craigslist.com. FYI, in the event that you haven't fervently sought out an object of your desire on craislist.com, IT IS HARD WORK! It is simply a dog-eat-dog world out there. You need to be available to search the website 24 hours a day, you need the stars to align and have the seller actually call/email you back, and need to be able to hop in your car at a moment's notice to go take a look at the item at the seller's convenience. Needless to say, I have none of those qualities.

This said, last week I secured a horribly ugly bed, a nice mattress and box spring, and a chest of drawers within a matter of about 35 hours. With the help of Home Depot, JoAnn's Fabrics and my Aunt Pat I was able to turn some pure crap into some pure delights for a big girl room worth bragging about.

Okay, so we're not quite there, but so close! The next item(s) on the agenda is taking away the remaining "office" bits of the room, in order that I can actually fit all of this new stuff in there. Good bye boxes of crap carried from Chicago 5 years ago! Good bye super slow clunker computer! And an especially enthusiastic good bye to a crumbling computer desk!! And can I please welcome the Weissenberger's to a new wireless world? I mean, please, it is 2009.

Enjoy (Brenna requested some "in progress" photos)...

1 comment:

Heather Lowe said...

Leave it to Gootch to turn crap into royalty!