Sunday, July 12, 2009

3 days and counting, or maybe 1, 2, or 4

We're getting very close. I finally packed last night, thinking that my opportunities to do so are now very limited (like, maybe I was going then). I even timed a couple of contractions last night - with no luck. With such a short time to go, I anticipate that I won't be posting much of anything until after today; however, expect a couple of pictures of Kate. I feel like I'll need to be able to remember her exactly as she is today, in order that I don't forget these fanastic days of her suddenly being a big girl before her (our) world gets rocked by a new baby sister. I can't wait to meet Anna, but admittedly am aprehensive. With Kate I was aprehensive of labor and delivery, of bringing home a baby, of knowing what to do, of not screwing it up. This time I'm so focused on being the mom I became over the last 2 1/2 years that I can't help but to have changed aprehension regarding Kate and where she'll be during my labor and delivery, how she'll react to the hospital and a new baby, and of course to Anna's homecoming - and home staying.

So, as they say, one step at a time, and first off that means going into labor, or hurring up and waiting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHE WILL BE AT PHEE'S HOUSE DAMN IT!

Heather Lowe said...

You make me cry. For realz. I remember...and then Little Anna will fit into your life and your heart will find room and you will have a hard time remembering life before her...