Monday, July 6, 2009

Closer

Last night I counted the days (11) until I'm scheduled for induction. That's not a lot of days, but it seems like a lifetime right now. This said, I have been concerned about Kate and her ability not only to grasp what's quickly coming our way, but to accept it.

Yesterday we were brushing our teeth at my sink. She pointed to the 4th hole in the toothbrush holder and said, "this is for baby Anna's toothbrush."

I don't know why that seems like such a big deal to me, but between potty training, trips to the pool, getting organized and sprucing things up around here, I didn't think she was paying attention to my giant belly and all of the baby talk. Seems as if I underestimated her. Good for her. She's already leaps and bounds ahead of me. As it should be.

No comments: