Saturday, June 13, 2009

Life Changes

I just realized that I have been out of touch regarding the blog. After our return home it took me a few days to get settled - with getting back in touch with my doctor, visiting a physical therapist for my back pain, sending Brad off on a 10 day trip full of fun and .22 work, and making the insane decision to jet off to Pittsburgh for Game 6 (and pawn Kate off on Phee and Peter!). Oh my. FYI - I am 8 months pregnant, so needless to say it was quite an effort to get myself across the country. But alas - well worth it! What an experience to see Dan in his element (well, at least his element since 2/15/09), as well as Mary Beth and Bryan, and a WIN in Game 6. It was fantastic. Dan has always been an incredible person to me, but it was insane to see his local fame in Pittsburgh. And of course, Lauda and her friend (my friend, too) Kat came along for the ride. And Nanny, Grizz, Phatty, Kase, Mal, Josh, Gary and Gracer, too. Oh my.
And then, last night Kate and I went to Phee and Peter's to watch Game 7. I knew the result would either be devastation or euphoria. I can't describe to you how the outcome has made me feel - and the chance to see my brother raise the Stanley Cup above his head. I go from cheering to silent reflection to bawling my eyes out. It is incredible.
And I can't wait to see that Cup in person! That "giant cup" as Kate says. Yes, Kate, a giant cup. Oh my.

No comments: