Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Training - the Final Frontier

The final frontier before the baby comes, at least. I don't want to post a lot of details regarding potty's and all that, but I will say that the first day she decided she would go by herself, in the appropriate location, was one of the happiest days of my life. Back in December my mom made efforts at training her while Brad and I were in Mexico; to no avail. While Kate and I were home in May, Nanny tried again; and was met with unbelievably strong resistance. It was clear - even back in December - that she knew what she was supposed to do, and she didn't much care for a mess in her diaper, but the resistance was ridiculous, confusing and horribly frustrating. The other day, in between diaper changes, she marched into the rest room, closed the door, and moments later came running out hollering for me to come see. Sure enough - no prodding or begging from me! As suspected, she did it when SHE decided SHE was ready, no sooner, no later. I'm proud of her and she's been doing a great job. We have our accidents of course, but all in all it is a proud moment in our short time together. And now, Anna can come. After all, what will I do with myself if I don't have to buy diapers?

No comments: