Saturday, February 7, 2009

Special Olympics Day of Fun

Pictures to follow, but I felt I had to share after such a day. I had the pleasure of helping to feed hundred's of Special Olympians in a huge tent just outside the Idaho Center, Nampa, ID. It was crazy at times, as well as confusing, fun, but mainly rewarding. I didn't realize how exhausted I would be at the end of two days serving food, wiping down tables, pretending to know when more food would arrive or when the buses would arrive and where. People confused me with someone who would know the answers to important questions because I wear a "staff" uniform. What they don't know is that all I did was hire the people who made the decisions about the important details. Regardless, it was a ton of fun, and the smiles of the athlete's will stay with me for ages to come. And the best part? Opening Ceremonies! My friend and neighbor, Jen P joined me, as well as Aunt Pat and a friend of hers. There were celebrities, politicians, Olympic athletes, and hundred's of Special Olympians. I can't wait to share my photos.

And then there was Brad's day with Kate. From the sounds of it, it was a day that Brad won't forget for a long time to come as well. He took Kate to see her first movie, with popcorn and everything.

After her nap they went for dinner and Kate received a fortune in her cookie stating, "Your charm has intrigued a secret admirer." I think the admirer is her Dad.

1 comment:

Heather Lowe said...

The best Gootch! All of it!