Monday, May 19, 2008

Amsterdam - Day 1

I don't know if it is appropriate to call it day one, when we didn't get here until late in the evening. Nonetheless, we manged to fit in a couple of beers and dinner. We've settled in to our fabulously cute European hotel (gay friendly, by the way!) and are watching American television shows on TV. So far I love it here. I knew it would be great when I was going through customs and the man said something I didn't understand and then, "that is a Dutch name, yes?" The best part being that he said "Bylsma" and I didn't even understand him.

Our departure from Istanbul was successful - we did a little shopping at the Grand Bazaar before we left and tried to spend up all of our Turkish Lira. Mid-afternoon we flew from Istanbul to London and then connected to Amsterdam. Is was cold here tonight - but I'm hoping that the days are a bit warmer.

So, I'm off to bed. I' am certain that I'll have a great deal to share tomorrow.

No comments: