Monday, May 12, 2008

A Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day was wonderfully relaxing here at Team Gootch. McPhee watched Kate while Brad and I went to a great brunch. Later in the afternoon I took a nap when Kate did and in the evening we went out for dinner with McPhee. It is only right, since she's a mom, too. At one point in the day #2 said, "It is Mother's Day - why are you folding laundry?" I still folded it (I'm the best one at it in the family, to date), but it felt somehow nicer having been questioned. It is funny to think that because I have Kate I was honored yesterday. Isn't the honor mine? Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the sweet treatment, and I'll look foward to it again next year. Oh - and later this week when we head for Istanbul, Turkey. YAY! Grandma arrives in less than 24 hours. If you don't hear from Team Gootch until the end of the month you now know why. Maybe an update here or there along the route, but likely not until we return. So enjoy the rest of the beautiful month of May! I know I will.

No comments: